In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Demand Planner role is responsible for Managing a Product category(s) all the way thru, from Forecasting to Production and Capacity planning and Sales analysis as well as managing product allocation to all channels. The Demand Planner will be managing and creating vendor relationships. Will be responsible for understanding the impact of supply/demand changes at all levels of the organization, particularly how it affects the supply chain and raw materials procurement process.
This role will be responsible for the accuracy and implementation of category supply plans, including developing and coordinating item-level plans between various departments and vendors. Planning and managing category inventory in-stock levels, and reviewing item-level demand forecast.
• Manages specific Product Category(s) for Filson starting with Forecasting, Purchase orders, Sales Analysis, Inventory Ownership and Open to Buy
• Manage and resolve short term demand changes
• Work closely with Purchasing team to resolve material shortages
• Create and schedule a rolling 90 day production plan
• Implement production capacity planning adjustments
• Help to develop a fulfillment plan for all items
• Assist in the implementation of sound inventory procedures
• Collaborate with Merchandising and Product Development in planning for new items and items to be transitioned or discontinued.
• Analyze selling trends, down to color and size and performances at total company and channel level, share reports with all teams
• Prepares and analyzes reports on missed opportunities such as key items, sales classification reports and selling results at an item class level
• Partners and works with product development and merchandising on timing and needs of the business to ensure key items are in stock during peak times or based on future demand
• Bachelors degree required preferably in related discipline.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in supply chain planning or comparable analytical role.
• Proficiency with MS Office a must.
• Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
• Regularly sit and stand
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
• Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
• See, talk, and hear.
• Occasionally required to walk
• Occasionally required to move or lift up to 25 pounds
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimina¬tion and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally incon¬sistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.