In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Associate Designer – Women’s Apparel
This is a part-time (20-30 hours/week) position that assists in the design development of Filson Women’s Apparel.
• Create and update seasonal sketches, complete with materials and color
• Provide detailed hand-offs to product development teams, including detailed drawings, fit direction, and fabric/trim information
• Maintain up-to-date product illustrations and design boards throughout the development process
• Partner with Cross-Functional Team members
• Execute assigned projects within seasonal time lines
• Has a strong connection to the Filson aesthetic and lifestyle, with a passion for the Brand and its Core Outdoors activities
• Able to balance autonomy and collaboration
• Strong time management skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly proficient in In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Strong knowledge and understanding of apparel construction
• Knowledge of Textiles and washes
• Degree in Design, Apparel / LBA
• 3 + years’ experience in Women’s Apparel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
• Regularly sit and stand
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
• Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
• See, talk, and hear.
• Occasionally required to walk
• Occasionally required to move or lift up to 25 pounds
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimina¬tion and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally incon¬sistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job