In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Associate Product Merchandiser - Specialty Product
Are you a creative, dynamic and collaborative merchandising professional or buyer? Do you know how to blend creative direction and aesthetic with business savvy and strategy? We are looking for a resourceful merchandiser who can seek out unique and unusual specialty assortments.
This unique role combines aspects of merchandising and buying where you will strategically procure and develop distinctive Northwest products to enhance our Retail, Catalog, and eCommerce assortments. You will work a with a wide range of specialty items across multiple product categories.
This position is part of our merchandising team and works with a variety of cross-functional teams and will interact closely with a variety of executives. This is an opportunity to have high impact and work with a great team.
• Strategize, procure, and execute seasonal/monthly merchandise assortments of curated product for retail, catalog, and ecommerce
• Conduct product research, market shopping, competitive benchmarking, and price analysis to develop and support seasonal assortment plans
• Develop/Procure product in a fast paced, shorter lead-time, calendar
• Assist merchandising team in preparing for forecasting / seasonal buys, item set-up, and line assortment planning for Filson curated product
• Proactively seek out new opportunities to grow the business and support Merchant team with execution of corporate projects
• Maintain product line sheets with most updated information on a regular basis
• Manage updates to Line List including style adds, drops, price changes, product descriptions, and product costs
• Communicate changes in merchandise assortments and messaging to the appropriate members of the cross-functional team on a timely basis
• Organize and Manage Merchant/Sales samples for curated product
• Responsible for timely workflow of deliverables and timelines, building strong partnerships with cross-functional team members and brand counterparts
• 3 + years previous retail experience in an apparel, luggage/bag, or accessories merchandising role with product development, production, catalog, and/or buying experience
• Experience initiating, recommending, and implementing merchandise strategies
• Define seasonal, annual, and multi-year strategies that identify future opportunities and trends
• Ability to approach Merchandising in unique new ways to support Filson Brand needs
• Possess a strong sense of urgency along with strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, building strong working relationships with cross functional teams
• Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting company priorities
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Word
• Strong Analytical skills
• Solid Retail math skills (sales, gross margin, GMROI, DOH)
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings, which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.