In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Technical Design Coordinator
The Technical Design Coordinator will report to the Technical Services Manager and will have frequent contact with vendors and employees throughout the organization. This position is an integral part of the production department and will be responsible for supporting the technical design, patternmaking, and proto making team. Must be organized, excellent team player, and deadline driven.
• Support the Technical Service Department. This includes technical designers and patternmakers, but will work closely with other departments, including product development, design, production, and sample room.
• Schedule fittings, and meetings as needed for the department. Will work with local model agencies to schedule fit models.
• Order fabrics and trims for sample room.
• Help to keep sample room organized
• Schedule sample flow through sample room for initial development protos.
• Assist in hand cut development protos as needed.
• Keep track and order supplies specific to the Technical Service Department as needed.
• Responsible to place sales orders for all pre-production samples (PPS) and size runs with factory and keeping track of delivery of samples to TD dept.
• Assist with inputting information into Yunique PLM system. Will train.
• Training from TDs and Patternmakers to help assist with development of product as needed.
• Assisting in measuring and preparing samples as needed for fittings and other meetings.
• College degree from fashion program with technical/ patternmaking emphasis.
• 1 year of experience in an office, apparel or sewing setting.
• Recent grad will be considered.
• The right person for this position will be eager to learn more about the apparel business from the technical side. They will work well with others in helping to build and maintain a strong team environment within and across departments.
• Sewing and pattern knowledge/ experience preferred.
• Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Excel is a must.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong time management and organizational skills to meet priorities, meeting schedule, and deadlines in a timely manner.
• Excellent support person for the Technical Service Department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
• Regularly sit and stand
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
• Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
• See, talk, and hear
• Occasionally required to move or lift up to 20 pounds
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimina¬tion and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally incon-sistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.