In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available. Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Regional Retail Manager
Responsible for optimizing the sales performance and profitability of our growing network of Filson Full Price and Outlet retail stores within their region by providing store teams with sales leadership, coaching, support, and oversight to ensure an exceptional brand experience for our customers.
The East Coast Regional Retail Manager will be responsbile for Columbus, Eagen, Minneapolis, Detroit, New York, New York Flagship, and Toronto. Region is subject to change based upon business growth and needs. This manager will partner with the West Coast Regional Retail Manager.
Should reside or be willing to reside in New York.
· Ensures regions store profitability by reviewing full P&L responsibility on retail performance.
· Identify opportunities to improve performance. Work with Store Operations Team to develop strategies to raise performance in all stores and return under-performing locations to profit targets.
· Achieve target KPI’s and profit targets on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
· Manage labor costs, supplies, maintenance costs and other expenses within budgets.
People and Performance
· Hire and develop a best in class team of store managers.
· Manage performance review and development programs for all management staff. Address performance issues and create development plans.
· Oversee hiring of retail sales staff to ensure staffing targets are filled with individuals passionate about Filson. Build internal development culture and strategies to generate bench and pipeline from within.
· Guide implementation and management of Filson’s sales, brand and product management training programs to optimize staff performance.
· Strategize, plan and execute bi-annual Field Leadership Conference with headquarter partnerships to develop management skillsets and knowledge to drive the business results
· Lead the region's teams to deliver a premium customer experience, utilizing Filson’s selling systems and sales training programs to provide a high level of salesmanship and service.
· Ensure retail operations procedures, and best practices are being adhered to in every location. Including inventory management, shipping, receiving, and loss prevention procedures to reduce shrink to ensure appropriate representation of the Filson brand in every element of retail.
· Lead monthly and seasonal launch programs including execution of merchandising, marketing, and product training initiatives. Ensure execution of Retail VM standards, operations procedures, and merchandising directives.
· Act as key liaison between store and the corporate retail team. Assist with Store Communications.
· Regional Managers must spend up to 3 days a week with in a Filson Store
· Collaborates on the on the development and execution of new store location openings including revenue forecast, staffing and marketing strategies to support new businesses.
· Contribute to the development of marketing programs that drive sales and traffic; lead the region's retail teams to effectively execute marketing programs to Filson standards.
· Degree preferred.
· 3-5 years at similar level regional multi-store management role where building & motivating high performance, service oriented teams and driving change is critical to success.
· Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.
· Preferred experience in premium outdoor, contemporary fashion, or luxury goods retail
· Strong understanding of the regional market’s retail environment.
· Proven track record of effective qualitative and quantitative judgement and decision making.
· Strong financial acumen including the ability to create budgets and sales targets and manage P&L.
· Strong change management capability including ability to effectively lead teams through change.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to produce concise and insightful executive summaries.
· Hired, coached & trained retail teams to create exceptional brand experiences in store
· Driven & achieved operational excellence including expertise in loss prevention and labor management
· Proven ability to lead teams to execute VM to best represent brand standards and the product in store
· Experience in building strong customer loyalty & local community following
· Generated profitable growth in retail
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.