In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Sample Sewer will report to the Sample Line Supervisor and will have frequent contact with employees throughout the organization. This position is an integral part of the development process and will be responsible for maintaining clear communications with patternmakers, fellow sample makers, production, factory and vendors as needed for all pertinent information for each style’s development from 1st proto thru production, plus other duties as assigned.
• Must know how to sew from start to finish, working in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
• Work closely with patternmakers to help identify potential pattern construction issues and help to correct before going into production.
• Know how to work variety of sewing/ operating machines.
• Support technical and product development departments by providing pieces to company quality standard, fit, and branding.
• Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
• Work closely with other sample makers to ensure they understand correctly the construction and finish details of the piece.
• Work with production sewers to help ensure there is clear understanding of construction, seam allowances, and quality of each piece being produced.
• Backfill production line when sample workload is light.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5 years of experience in sewing a variety of garments from start to finish.
• Experience with reading tech packs necessary.
• Expert in construction.
• Must be able to read English
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to sit for 8 hour shifts.
• Able to see details within 2 feet.
• Ability to repetitively push, pull, pinch, grab, reach, twist, push pedal with foot, squeeze with hands.
• Ability to Rivet.
• Able to lift 25lbs regularly.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.