In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Filson is enjoying a sustained period of growth and reinvention, and we are looking for a self-motivated and collaborative HR Coordinator with the ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment. The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative services with an emphasis on records management/HRIS, benefit administration, recruiting support, onboarding, and facilities assistance. The HR Coordinator is part of a small, but talented HR team reporting to the Director of Human Resources. This fast-paced role demands someone that thrives in quickly changing environments.
• Process all new hire paperwork, termination and change forms for our employees ensuring data integrity, in partnership with payroll. ADP Workforce experience desired.
• Support recruiting including background process, scheduling interviews, offer letters & new hire paperwork, arranging travel for interviews etc…
• New employee orientation and onboarding of all new hires, ensuring I9 compliance, policy acknowledgement, benefits overviews etc…
• Assist with development and facilitation of manager and employee events/trainings, communications and education related to HR programs.
• Maintain compliance reporting, department reporting & HR metrics.
• Provide customer service to our employees in delivering guidance related to HR policies and programs.
• Provide back up support to the recption desk.
• Assist facilities in managing Property Management Vendors for all sites.
• Assist facilities in ensuring optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, elevators and security.
• Assist facilities in managing the space and furniture needs for individual department. This will include working with vendors to design workspace needs, office build-outs, coordinating moves and ordering necessary materials.
• Ad hoc projects and reports as needed.
• 2 years of HR support related administration experience in a high functioning fast paced HR department.
• 1 of year HRIS experience, (data entry & information retrieval) ADP desired.
• 2 years of experience in facilities or office management role preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelors degreed preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local legal requirements in Washington (multi state preferred.)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential material.
• Service mindset, detail oriented, proactive and good prioritization skills.
• Service oriented, willing and pleasant demeanor.
• Time management skills.
• Able to lift 35 pounds.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally incon-sistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.