In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
The Apparel Patternmaker position will report to the Technical Services Manager and work closely with Head Patternmaker, and Technical Designers. They will have frequent contact with vendors and employees throughout the organization. This position is an integral part of the Technical Service Department and will be responsible for development patterns through production, and grading. This position requires experience with Gerber/ Accumark computer pattern system. Knowledge of PLM system a plus. Must be an excellent team player.
• Working knowledge of Gerber/ Accumark computer pattern system.
• Good understanding and experience with fit & construction for outerwear, men’s and/ or women’s product line. Willing to learn as needed.
• Responsible for first patterns through production, plus grading.
• Provide final measurement specs for production.
• Work closely with in house sample makers to oversee construction of product.
• Work closely with technical designers, product development, and designers, to ensure product maintains quality and integrity of Filson.
• Work closely with production sewers to ensure they understand correctly the construction, seam allowances, and finished details of garment. Review with them any updates needed to ensure pattern is improved for production sewing.
• Ability to work independently to manage workload and deadlines a must. Collaborate with other patternmakers as needed in a professional manner.
• Review all pre-pros and size runs for quality of construction and measurements to verify product is correct as requested for all fit and construction issues.
• Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve with the internal and external factories to improve construction of all garments for production.
• Process pre-pros, and size runs to confirm patterns are factory ready for production.
• Help build basic blocks for both men’s and/or women’s as needed.
• Help to establish standards for all patterns, construction, and quality of products Filson produces.
• Identify, document and clearly communicate all necessary information between departments and with factories for pattern, spec, and construction changes. Knowledge of Yunique PLM a plus, but will train as needed.
• Retrieve and plot vendor patterns as needed.
• Work with freelance patternmakers and graders as needed. Review all incoming patterns from outside sources to ensure they are correct.
• Work closely with Filson factories, along with outside factories.
• Follow current market trends, especially in regards to fit, construction, and styling to continue to grow within the role as a patternmaker.
• Gerber, Accumark pattern system experience is a must
• Yunique PLM system a plus, but willing to train.
• Microsoft Office, Excel is a must.
• College degree from fashion program with technical/ patternmaking emphasis.
• 5 + years experience, preferably in men’s and women’s outerwear.
• Thorough understanding of garment construction. Must know how to sew.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Excellent team player.
Note: This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimina¬tion and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally incon¬sistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job