In 1897 C.C. Filson began outfitting prospectors headed for the Gold Rush with tools and apparel strong enough for the toughest spots on earth. More than 100 years later, Filson remains committed to providing pioneers of all fields around the world with unfailing goods made from the highest quality materials available.
Filson recognizes that it takes a world-class team to make a world-class product. As we build on the Filson legacy of American craftsmanship, we are looking for individuals who share our dedication to innovation, excellence, and superior customer service.
Product Merchandiser - Specialty Product
Filson is enjoying a sustained period of growth and reinvention, and we are looking for a creative, dynamic, and collaborative Merchandising professional with the ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment. This unique role blends strategy with the ability to procure distinctive Northwest products for Filson to enhance our assortment. While some merchandising roles support one product or one channel, at Filson you will have the opportunity to procure a wide range of products for multiple channels that include Retail, Catalog, and ecommerce. This position reports to the Merchandising leader but works with a variety of cross-functional teams and will interact closely with a variety of executives. This is an opportunity to have high impact and work with a great team. The successful candidate will be a merchandiser that is collaborative, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
• Strategize, procure, and execute seasonal/monthly merchandise assortments of curated product for retail, catalog, and ecommerce
• Conduct product research, market shopping, competitive benchmarking, and price analysis to develop and support seasonal assortment plans
• Assist brand merchandising team in preparing for forecasting / seasonal buys, multi-channel seasonal business strategies, and line assortment planning for Filson curated product
• Proactively seek out new opportunities to grow the business and support Merchant team with execution of corporate projects
• Analyze product performance against plan and make recommendations to increase sales
• Maintain product line sheets with most updated information on a regular basis
• Manage updates to Line List including style adds, drops, price changes, product descriptions, and product costs
• Communicate changes in merchandise assortments and messaging to the appropriate members of the cross-functional team on a timely basis
• Manage shorter lead-time seasonal curated calendar
• Organize and Manage Merchant/Sales samples for curated product
• Responsible for timely workflow of deliverables and timelines, building strong partnerships with cross-functional team members and brand counterparts
• 3 + years previous retail experience in an apparel, luggage/bag, or accessories merchandising role with product development, production, catalog, and/or buying experience a plus
• Experience initiating, recommending, and implementing merchandise strategies
• Define seasonal, annual, and multi-year strategies that identify future opportunities and trends
• Ability to approach Merchandising in unique new ways to support Filson Brand needs
• Possess a strong sense of urgency along with strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, building strong working relationships with cross functional teams
• Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting company priorities
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Word
• Strong Analytical skills
• Solid Retail math skills (sales, gross margin, GMROI, DOH)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met of any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform those essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
• Regularly sit and stand
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to use computers and other office equipment
• Use hands, fingers, and arms to lift, squeeze, pinch, grab products/items/supplies
• Reach up, across, or down to retrieve products and supplies
• See, talk, and hear
• Occasionally required to move or lift up to 30 pounds
Filson is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings, which are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy that all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran and military status, genetic information, political ideology or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Discrimina¬tion and/or harassment based on any of those factors are totally incon¬sistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated.
With regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, the company offers what the law refers to as "reasonable accommodation" to enable a person to perform his or her job.